Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's hard for me to get rid of books I don't even like.


 


1. Favorite childhood book:

Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

The poems in this book are phenomenal and define growing up in the 80's to this under the cover, by the light of the cracked bathroom door, book obsessed child.  I never tired of the imagination of Shel Silverstein and still cherish it today. I love this book not only mentally but visually as well and created some great wall art inspired by it that I will show you in a future post.



2. Favorite book lately:

We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

This book is sticking with me lately because of its originality.  Not only is it a unique topic (mother of teenage school massacre shooter tells of life raising a would be killer) but its written through her letters to the boy's father/her husband so you feel you really get a behind the scenes perspective.  Reading this was refreshing and a discovery of something new.



3. Book you wish you could live in:

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

I'm not going with great writing here but give me a break, I am a fashion maniac. Live in NYC, full access to designer clothes, sipping cocktails with the top fashion players in the world?! Easy pick. EASY. I want to live in this book!




4. If you could be a character in any book who would you be:
 
She's not a fictional character but she absolutely cracks me up and i love her honesty and humor.  Maybe I don't exactly want to BE Chelsea Handler but i definitely want to be her best friend.  All of her books tell of hilarious escapes with a great mix of friends and fun.  All her books are great for beach reading, bathtub reading or when you just need a good laugh.

 
 




5. Favorite book turned movie:

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott




The movie was perfectly cast and a who's who of the future of successful actresses to come.  I felt the character portrayals were spot on and every girl stole your heart. If Claire Danes' portrayal of Beth didn't leave you heartbroken you may not be human. Movies are never as good as books but this was one of the best attempts in my opinion. 

6. Favorite magazines:

I am a sucker for gossip magazines all the way. A few favorites are People, US Weekly, OK.  Anything that features the juiciest gossip and newest fashions are good to me.

Different opinions?  Go Link Up for the Sunday Social this week and speak your mind! 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. ahah love your answer about chelsea handler. I too wish we could be best friends. I think life would that much more interesting!

    annalizbeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things Shel Silverstein! And don't even get me started on how entertaining Chelsea Handler is haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill need to check out Let's Talk About Kevin, that sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I didn't link up with the Sunday Social this week because I'm simply not a book gal and wouldn't have enough to talk about! ha. but I still enjoy reading others posts! But I did link up with "I love my online friends blog hop" and that's how I found your blog! very cute blog by the way! I'm excited to be your newest follower and read more posts from ya! By the way, when I saw your first book "where the sidewalk ends" - that brought back a TON of junior high UIL poetry competition memories! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite Shel Silverstein book has to be The Last Unicorn. I remember in high school we had to read a poem for drama class, and that's the one I picked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO glad you mentioned Shel Silverstein! I absolutely loved him as a youngin, and I hope future generations still read his books for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love Shel Silverstein! He was my pick too....The Missing Piece Meets The Big O!
    I love him! Great choices :)

    xox, Pam

    www.pammowerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Chelsea Handler! Her books crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I am absolutely OBSESSED with your blog. Like, for real. So glad I found it!!

    ReplyDelete